Monday, February 23, 2009

The ditches aren´t well kept everywhere, but then they give shelter for small birds and other animals instead :-)



I had planned to sleep a bit longer than usuayl today, just because I got up so early all weekend. My boss was informed so it would not be a problem at my work. Well I did sleep longer, a whole fifteen minutes and then I woke up and couldn´t fall asleep again :-) My dogs were happy anyway because they got some more time than usual this morning :-)



Just before I got out of the car they said that the sky was clearing up now. Well I wonder in what part of the country :-)
The third heat of the song contest were at Saturday and for once I liked the songs that are going to the final in some weeks. There fore they will probably come last in the final :-) I never like the songs that wins You see :-)


We have an old well in one of the cow patches. I lived here for eight years but only discovered it last summer.
My throat is beginning to feel sour so I´m probably getting a cold again. Last autumn i got a cold five times and I´m a bit tired of that now. I can´t remember ever getting colds this often before, but I´m not alone. It seemes we all get them very often nowdays. Something I never get though is what we call “the winter womiting decies”. It is what it says and it always lasts three days. But this is something I´m immun against it seemes. Every one in the county can have it, but not me. Some of us have a defect in one of our genes that makes us immune and it´s nice to have a positive defekt sometimes :-)


It still has water in it and a Birch. The water is probably full of iron like most of the water in the village.

I downloaded an upgrade from Windows just now. I thought it would be like always, that I could work with the computor while it upgraded itself. But no! Sometimes the computor locked it self and it took minutes to change from one place to another. I know that is a luxury problem, but it´s annoying anyway :-) Well I needed the upgrade because my firewall have gotten the idea not to start up with the rest of the computor or decide to shut it self down when it got tired of working. Lets hope this will fix the problem now.
Have a nice evening now!


Two foot prints frozen in time.


4 comments:

Dena said...

So sorry you are not feeling well. I hope it passes soon! Love the footprints pictures :)

Hugs,
Dena

The cottage by the Cranelake said...

Hi Dena!
I would have liked to miss this cold, getting bored of them now :-)

I had to take pictures of the footprints, it´s so seldom they come out so clean if You understand what I mean.
Enjoy the day now!
Christer.

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

Christer, I also loved the footprint pictures..but..more than that I loved your heartfelt story of how you came to live in the country and how you felt each time you came for a weekend. You are so truly where you belong.
Do be careful in the bogs and don't go out when it is foggy. Ok?
I know, I know, worry wart here.
Mona

The cottage by the Cranelake said...

Hi Mona!
Well it was a very wonderful feeling when I finally arrived to the cottage. It didn´t go away even if I had to stay up all night to get some heat in the hose :-) Especially in winter :-)Then it could take the whole weekend to get it warm there :-)

I promise not to get out on the bog a foggy day. Then I´ll just walk by the edge of it :-)
Christer.