Saturday, March 14, 2009

Teodor thought for once it was good enough weather to follow us on the walk this morning.



It´s a cloudy and rather warm day today, it´s already over five degrees (C) (41F) and it´s getting warmer. It drizzles a little but that doesn´t matter when one is outside. I think that the last snow that came now is going to melt away totally.







They didn´t have any firelogs at the store yesterday, so I had to go to another place to buy some this morning. There were almost no cars on the roads. But of course there was a car just behind me when I saw the first Crane of the year. I had no chans to take a picture then unfortynally (it stood just beside the road and spread its wings), the car behind me was so close that we would have had an accident if I tried to stop then. But I drove back and got some really bad pictures, because the cranes were so far away then. Well now I at least have seen the first cranes :-)


This is a couple of Greylag goose, not particular afraid of people or dogs. I have seen them attack a dog that was loose and I don´t think that dog will run into wild geese ever again :-) and I don´t think the dog owner we be that careless again :-)





Now it´s just a long wait until I drive to my friends to se the “Schlager festival”. The cloudy weather makes one to stay indoors, so I probably make a pot of tea and after that I´ll probably take a nap :-)
Be good!


If You click on this picture it will be enormous, but You can then see two cranes. One in the ditch and the other furter back in the picture. There will be better pictures when more cranes has arrived.

6 comments:

Valerie said...

Christer,

I can't wait to see your upcoming pics of the cranes. I know they are just going to be a spectacular sight!

I saw my first crane while visiting friends in northern Minnesota. It was early morning, fog was settled in, and it was deathly quiet. My husband and I were sitting on the dock and we kept hearing the most mournful sound; it was beautiful. All of a sudden it appeared out of nowhere; its immense size amazed me.

Have a wondrful time at the festival!

Anonymous said...

Ahh your first crane pictures here in Maine we don't see cranes I can appreciate how wonderful it must be to watch them arriving each year. And I thank you for shareing that experiance with us out here in the blogging world. Enjoy the competition and may the ones you vote for win.

The cottage by the Cranelake said...

Hi Valerie!
Yes tha cranes has a mournful sound, at leats when they only are a few. Thirteen thousand does sound different :-) But there is a nesting couple here every year, just hundred meters from my cottage and they sound wonderful every morning.

There will probably be a lot of pictures of cranes in my blog, because there are also rather many cranes bachelors and spinsters staying here over summer too :-)
Christer.

The cottage by the Cranelake said...

Hi Woody!
Well the quality is terrible, but it is at least the first cranes this year :-) There wiill come better pictures soon :-)

I and my brother are harassing each other at the moment because we want different songs to win :-) :-) We aren´t nice to each other I can tell You :-) :-)
Christer.

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

Yes! I blew the picture up and there they were. Not clear, but there will be other chances without risking an accident.
It was cold here all day. Not freezing but it called for a light jacket or sweater outside.
So tired. I couldn't sleep last night and was up until 4 AM. Mele was not too pleased. She is now coming into the bedroom once again..and came and got me up this morning. What a relief it is to have her acting more normal. She is still nervous..but..better.
:)
Mona

The cottage by the Cranelake said...

Hi Mona!

It´s not easy to see that it´s cranes to be honest :-) But sonn they´ll be everywhere and better pictures will be done.

I´m so glad that Mele is doing better and better! I hope that she sonn will come back to normal again!
Christer.