Saturday, April 18, 2009

This is what we call a garden runner, a plant we have in our gardens but then has spread via seeds out in the enviroment. So here it´s not unusual to find gooseberries bushes like this is or


Yesterday it was the annual road association meeting. That means that we who live in the village meets and talks about how the road should be kept. In many villages this is a battle between wills and usually makes neighbours enemies for life. Such a meeting kan take hours and even days to get through. In my village we don´t have that problem any more. The battle is over and those who hates the most don´t show up on the meeting (or perhaps lost the most in this battle of wills is a better description). Our road is very well kept, it´s actylly one of the best kept roads in the area and the economy is good, so there isn´t anything to argue about. So our meeting took fifteen minutes :-) After that we chatted for twenty minutes drinking coffee and eating cookies :-) In one of my brothers village it´s a war going on when they have their meeting, he´s jealous of me :-)




black currant bushes in the forest (i know it´s really bad pictures, it´s impossible to see what it really is :-) ). A close relative to black currant lives at our east coast so it´s not strange that they like it out here.




But also flowers runs away. Like this Lungwort that comes from my garden I think :-)


The sun has shined all day, but the wind is bitterly cold so it never became especially warm. I had to scratch the car windows free from ice this morning, so the little rhododendron flower is gone now but more are on their way :-) I had my dogs with me to work today too. It went wery well so I´ll probaly bring them tomorrow too. They did scare somebody away from the factory too :-) It´s a quite open area so people from the village can go around as they please looking for things they might wanna have. But not today :-) Three dogs weighing around 40kg (88 pounds) is a bit scary even if they are on a leash :-) They should only know that my dogs are cowards :-)




No dragon flies yet, but soon :-)


The cattle has got their first calves now, I saw them playing around on the fields when I came home. The Ringnecked dove at work has laid the first eggs in their nest and the magpies here at home has probably laid theirs too. Magpies is ruthles to other magpies in the neighbourhood, but don´t care about smaller birds at all. So in the crab apple tree where they have their nest is also a little nest with Bluetits. Magpies usually eats small birds if they can, but it seemes that they don´t touch them if they live close to their own nest.




Can You see the squirrel? :-) I woun´t tell You where it is until You tried to find it first :-)



Yesterday I saw something that made me happy. We have got red squirrels in the forest again :-) Our hunters have caught some Martens lately and they eat a lot of squirrels if they can. So we haven´t had squirells here for many years. But yesterday my dogs started to look up the pines and then I saw it :-). So now we probably will have them here for a couple of years until the next marten show up. But until then I hope that the squirrels will show up by my birdfeeders in wintertime :-)
Now it´s time for a cup of tea and just to relax, tomorrow I have to work again.
Be good!

10 comments:

Valerie said...

ooooh, scraping ice off the windshield is never fun! Here's to warmer days. Enjoyed your nature shots.

Arguing over roads,huh? I guess the State doesn't repair or take care of them? Interesting...

The cottage by the Cranelake said...

Hi Valerie!
No that wasn´t fun at all. It took real long time until it was warm in the car too. Only because I was to lazy to put the car in the garage yesterday after the meeting :-)

People are screaming at each other on those meetings :-) These roads are taken care by the villages and has been so for all time as far as I know. But we do get fundings from the state to keep them in good shape. I really never understood these hard feelings about a road? As long as it´s okey why argue? But If one is in the right mood it can be real fun to watch these lunatics :-)
Have a great day now!
Christer.

Anonymous said...

I gave up on town meetings. It was getting to my heart and all I did is watch like you do. Still you can't help getting in a rage at all the stupidity. The County told us a year ago we had to pave our own roads back from the main street now. All they ever did was put shell down and now that is against the State's environmental laws. So we fill our pot holes with gravel. This can't go on forever.

Nice nature photos today Christer. Take some of those calfs when you see them. I bet they are cute as the devil.

NinaVästerplana said...

Snälla Christer.... vad är marten för nåt djur? Nu kommer jag inte kunna sova utan sitta här o uggla o undra ;-)
Nina

The cottage by the Cranelake said...

Hi Z&M!
As long as one doesn´t get involved in those arguments it´s really interesting to studie these people that behave insanely :-) But all the time one only thinks of all more important things one can do, like hitting one self in the head with a stone :-) :-)

Yes, the calves really are :-)
Have a great day now!
Christer.

The cottage by the Cranelake said...

Hej Nina!

Vet du verkligen inte det??? :-) :-) :-) Jag var tvungen att använda Google översättaren för att ta reda på vad Mård hette på engelska :-)
Hoppas du kunnat sova gott trots att jag inte svarade i natt :-)
Ha det gott nu!
Christer.

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

I'm sure the people at the town meetings don't think it's funny..but sorry..I think people who are angry and shouting look funny...and tend to get in trouble when you laugh at the wrong time.
Christer....sorry..but it sounds COLD there! I visited a dear friend in Conneticut and my brother in New Hampshire and nearly froze. I didn't get warm from the time I got off that plane until I landed once again in Los Angeles! I just plain froze!

Just the look of large dogs and the noise they make is enough for most people to keep them in line. :)
Take care...
Mona

NinaVästerplana said...

Jag hittade det i ett engelskt lexikon som ligger på webben....
Kan du kanske ha användning av?
http://www.norstedtsord.se/oversattning
blir väl kanske inte länk men du får väl klippa o klistra ;-)
Ha dé himla gôtt
Nina

The cottage by the Cranelake said...

Hi Mona!
It does look funny when they work up all that agressions for a stupid thing like a road :-) But unfortunatly this anger hangs on for years and years.

It´s really cold now again, but still over freezingpoint during the days. But it will turns till next weekend they say :-)
Have a great day now!
Christer.

The cottage by the Cranelake said...

Hej igen Nina!
Annars funkar Googles översättare för det mesta rätt bra. Men jag skall kolla in länken du gav.
Ha det gott nu!
Christer.