Thursday, April 23, 2009

Some early flowering plants has started to give up for the year. Later in spring there will be big leafs here instead to gather strength to next years flowering.



A Brittish studie now blaims fat people to contribute more to the global warming than thin people, because their cars use more gasoline to transport them than if they had been thin. I wonder if I should get offended by that statement? I drive an old Vovlo 850 but it uses very little gasoline compared to other cars because I drive calm and careful. Is that something they have thought about at all? Or do they assume that we fat people drive cars that drink a lot of fuel and also always drives fast and recklessly? Well, studies like that only makes me laughe :-)


Another thing that made me wonder is what a swedish civil servant thought of one day. He thought farmers should pay extra taxes because the cows farted a lot. When they do the let go of big amounts of greenhouse gases and there fore destroys our climat (he thought). What he didn´t think of was that those gases was a part of the natural cirkulations in our atmosphere and therefore didn´t contribute to the changing climat. Usually when someone comes with a suggestion like that they turn out to be vegans that hate any use of animals for our consumption. How it was in this case I don´t know, but I do know that there are much worse things than cows that farts :-)


This morning it was Teodor that followed us on our walk. He has the idea to run ahead ten meters and then lie down on the ground wanting to be pat on the tummy. It doesn´t matter if it´s mud on the ground :-)

A couple of days ago I bought a low.price brand toothpaste. I don´t know why really because I always by the same brand outherwise. But I was wondering around in the store trying to remember why I went there in the first place. I know I should have a note with me, but when I write one it´s always still on my zink when I come to the store. Like last time I was there. I wondered around not knowing what I was supposed to buy. The people that works there knows what I´m like so they came with a lot og suggestions to what it could be this time :-) So I bought some sausages if it was something dinner like I needed, some rice, bread, vegatbles, milk and sourmilk with raspberry taste, soap and this toothpaste. When I came home I realised that it was catfood and toilette paper I really needed :-)


But anyway, this toothpaste. It has the taste of old chewing gum, You know when You have chewed on it for a long time and there´s really no taste left. It also gives an urge to brush the teeth one more time just because of that taste :-) One doesn´t feel directly fresh in the mouth afterwords :-)




I heard something rather fun (for me) when I listened to the answering service on my mobile phone yesterday. There was this little girl that absolutely refused to go to bed and she had a hell of a tempar I can tell You :-) This little girl wouldn´t go to bed no matter what :-) I listened to it for over six minutes. I could hear that the phone must be in a pocket or something because the sound was a bit subdued. I couldn´t really hear the voices of her parents so I didn´t understand who they were. After a while I found the telephone number in my mobile phone ( unanswered phone calls) and then sent a sms to my boss asking if his doughter, four years old, might have had a bad temper the day before :-) For some reason my number had been dialed from his phone by accident and everything was recorded by the answering sevice :-) :-) :-)



The sun shines outside and it´s time for me to take a cup of coffee on the kitchen stairs. They say we are going to get summer temperatures for a couple of days now, warmest when I´m working this weekend of course, but that doesn´t matter as long as the sun shines :-)
Have a great day now!




10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well I hope for your sake Christer, you went back to the store and bought the cat food. What a funny story. I'm still laughing :). And the last picture looks like the countryside is greening up for you. Is that your cottage in the distance? I think you should play the tape of the bosses daughter for the boss. Maybe he'll double your salary if you don't play it for anyone else. How's that for thinking like a Capitalist? Enjoy your coffee.

The cottage by the Cranelake said...

Hi Z&M!
Oh yes, I went back. Those cats can be nasty if they don´t get there food :-) :-)

It´s really greening up here and I´ve just mowed the lawn for the third time this year. It grows fast now!
No, my cottage is just behind that one, so You can´t see it. There´s a picture further down at this blog of my cottage and I woun´t take any more pidtures of it until I´ve painted it this summer :-)

My boss didnt want to listen to it strangly enough, he had vivid memoties of it he said :-) But I think the "Supernanny" would have been proud of them, even she would have had problems that time :-) :-)
Have a great day now!
Christer.

woody said...

Hopefully you didnt have to buy the low price tooth paste because of the fart tax.And the kid on the phone is a gas as they say over here. I so enjoy the greening of Sweden that I see in your photos and you do have a way with story telling that makes your blog a must read each day for me.

The cottage by the Cranelake said...

Hi Woody!
Thanks! I´m always glad to see that You´ve left a comment here :-)

I have no idea why I bought that tooth patse, but they didn´t start with that tax so farting wasn´t the factor here :-) :-)

Now we´re going to get summer heat here :-)
Have a great day now!
Christer.

Unknown said...

Hi there...I popped into your blog from another follower.....just wanted to say hello and that I enjoyed reading your blog. I'll be back. :)

The cottage by the Cranelake said...

Hi Susan!
I´m glad that You popped in here :-)
Welcome back!
Christer.

Barb said...

Hi Christer...I make my own toothpaste & it tastes good too. Baking soda, peppermint essential oil, a pinch of sea salt, that's all. Cheap & no bad chemicals. Enjoy your warm weather!
Barb

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

LOL Christer..I do the same thing. I think most of us do! I buy the same brands even though another is cheaper. Seldom do I change. I had to laugh at the "cow farts" part of your post. Every now and then the thing about the cows and the problems they cause comes up in the news. Then it disappears again until they need some filler news I guess.
I laughed fat people getting blamed for the polution in the air due to extra gas to cart them around. Was that how it went? ~smiling here~ Ah well...I need to lose a pound or twenty anyway. I mean, I don't want to be a burden! :)
Teodor is ONE happy CAT!
I love your post today, Christer. Just look at that little smiling face over there on your side bar helps make my day!
Watching Sweden turn from cold and gray to that lovely green country side is such a joy.
Have a great weekend..I think your Friday is already here.
Mona

The cottage by the Cranelake said...

Hi Barb!
Never thought of making it my self. Do You mix it all together then and have it in a jar or something then?
I will enjoy the warm weather :-)
Have a great day now!
Christer.

The cottage by the Cranelake said...

Hi Mona!
That happens all the time when I need to buy something :-) I never learn :-)

The thing about fat people almost made me want to gain a lot of extra pounds just to be stubborn :-)

It´s really nice now when the warmer weather is here. The kitchen door is already open and will probably stay so all day :-) One thing disturbes me though, the flies like this weather too so now I get irritated when they get into the house :-) :-)
Have a great day now!
Christer.