Sunday, April 12, 2009

A cold and Dandylion roots.

I´ve had a rather awful morning today. Every muscle and joint is aicing and I´ve had a rather nasty headace that comes and goes as it pleases. My nose is also stuffed so I think I must have a cold again, because I´m not allergick to pollen outherwise that would have been the most likly cause to my problems. Many trees are now in bloom.


There was some colour in the trees, but not green as I thought it looked like. More of the yellowish I think. The trees are in bloom now. This is Populus tremula, called Asp in swedish.



The sun is shining today too, but the light wind we have is really nasty and cold. I tried to have a cup of tea on my kitchen stairs but it became to cold when the wind blowed. Spring is really here because I have started to pick ticks from my dogs and one was also crawling around on my neck. I´ve also got my first mosquito bite, that if anything means spring :-)



Erna is searching after dandylion roots. All my dogs loves to eat them. There is one problem though


Another sign of spring is that more and more cattle is out on the fields now. I can here them in the morning wanting something to eat because we don´t have that much grass for them yet. The milkingcows has not come out yet though, but if this warm weather continues it woun´t be long till they are outside my cottage :-)



they leave big holes in the ground that makes it difficult to mowe tha lawn. Also they are a constant danger to my ankles :-) Almost every day I´m going down in these holes and almost breakes my feet :-) As You can see some of them is rather large, but it´s the smaller ones that is a danger to my feet :-)


It´s time for another cup of tea I think and this time I´ll have a lot og honey in it to stop the cold from getting worse.
Have a great day now!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You worked too hard the other day Christer so now your body needs rest. Drink lots of liquids and stop exercising for a time. The buds on the trees for sure mean it's Spring. Enjoy your Easter.

The cottage by the Cranelake said...

Well they didn´t think I could paint all that in one day, so perhaps it´s that aicing in my body :-)
I´ll promise to take it easy. woun´t do a thing today :-)
Have a great day now!
Christer.

Katarina said...

Att det finns hundar som är ogrösbekämpare - wow! Hoppas du kryar på dig - förkylningar är inte kul så här års. Och myggbett i april...det måste vara ovanligt tidigt, eller?
Katarina

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

Hi Christer,
Be careful and don't twist your ankle in one of those holes. Wonder if you are coming down with a cold? I thought mine was hay fever too, but it turned out to be a bad cold and I very seldom get one of those. Take good care...get rest. :) (I already wrote tonight but...it vanished..so had to do it again.)
Mona

The cottage by the Cranelake said...

Hej Katarina!
Ja de är riktigt effektiva dessutom :-) Fast riktigt dåliga på att ställa i ordning efter sig :-)

Jag hoppas verkligen att det släpper fort med förkylningen har haft tillräckligt många som det är denna vintern.
Tror nog att det kan vara rekord med att få ett myggbett så här tidigt, men jag bor alldeles inteill en liten damm som solen värmer upp fort så myggan kommer nog därifrån.
Ha en trevlig annandag!
Christer.

The cottage by the Cranelake said...

Hi Mona!
I twist my ankle in those holes at least a couple of times every summer, so nowdays I only wear sandals when lawn mowing. The more flat the shoe is the less worse the straining gets :-)

I´ve had to many colds this winter and is really tired of them now, so I really hopes it will pass fast.

So it happened again! It´s really irritating. When that happened to me I started to write down my answer on a word dokument and then copied it to trhe blog. Then I could do it many times if I had to :-)
have a really nice Easter Monday!
Christer.