Thursday, April 16, 2009

This Himalayan primrose grows about twenty centimeters ( eight inches) abowe the ground and blooom already. The one I have in an ordinary flowerbed at ground level has not even started to show yet. Think what that little distance can do.



All my life I´ve been an early morning, early evening person, but latly that has changed. Nowdays I´m a late morning early evening person. That disturbes me some I have to admit, it feels like i´m loosing a great bit of the day. Early nights doesn´t bother me much, but I do miss the mornings a lot. I miss going out just as the chilly morning air slowly starts to heat up. I miss being the one scaring the cranes and doves up in the air when I surprise them when they don´t expect me to come. I also miss sitting on my kitchen stairs before even the farmers has gone up to start milking their cows, listening to the wall of sound from all the birds singing.




I thought it was the birch that had started to get leafs, but it´s the willow in back of it that flowers.




I could of course set the alarm clock early but that´s not the same thing is it? Perhaps this changes later this spring, when the sun goes up so much earlier and the warm weather makes me have the bedroom window open all night and the cranes shoutings will make me get up as it´s as loud as my firealarm :-) Anyway, until then I will miss my early mornings.





I was at the store in Gudhem this morning and saw this windpowerplant behind the petrolstation. When it first started to spin it really made a lot of noise. But now they have adjusted it so I couldn´t hear it at all :-)


It´s a long time since anybody worked at the petrolstation, so nowdays they decorate the little shop with different stuff. This spring it´s old things like these weighing scales.






But I´ve never been much of a night person. Of course when I was younger I could stay up all night out with my friends. Having a beer or two (or perhaps more :-) ), missing the last tram home, so I had to walk all the way home sometimes up to 20 kilometers (12,5 miles). If it was late summer perhaps walking through villa areas nicking an apple or two from trees close to the sidewalk :-) Those times I came home just about the time I usually got up, so I slept an hour or two and after that felt brisk as a lark (don´t know If You have that expression).



I also passed the lake on my way home. There´s not a lot of cranes left now, just a couple of hundred I think.



Nowdays, if I stay up late at night, I might get up around eight in the morning, but I wount feel like a human beeing until a couple of days after :-) Well that´s life I think and I can take that, but I sure do miss my early mornings.
Have a great day!


My little Rhododendron dauricum has opened its first flower now, but more is on the way. Today I´ll sow even more rhododendrons, two species from the USA.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

The flowers are lovely Christer. I think we've all had those all nighters in our younger days. Fun that you paid for the next day. I'm going on my walk earlier because once the sun is up fully, the temperature rises quickly to above 70 and it's no longer pleasant to walk. So I usually get back just before the full sun rise. It's nice but soon I'll be back to walking in the evenings because it will be too hot in the mornings. May is usually our monsoon month so will be on the treadmill then. You have a wonderful day.

The cottage by the Cranelake said...

Hi Z&M!
Mornings here usually are quite cool here, It´s the only time in summer when flies woun´t drive You crazy here. Only if it´s a heat wave the can be really warm. Evenings can be cool to, but then we have the mosquitoes, that´s the prise one pays living next door to a bog :-)

May is either warm and sunny here, or cold and wet, nothing in between.

Have a great day now!
Christer.

Dena said...

Morning Christer,

I am a morning person too and every now and then I go through a cycle of late nights that through me off schedule. I think I do that more when the weather is cold for some reason.

Have a wonderful day :)

Hugs,
Dena

The cottage by the Cranelake said...

Hi Dena, so nice to see You here again!
Yes everything gets wrong cold periods I think. In winter we have just a couple of houers with daylight here and really cold weather, so I usually wants to sleep all day :-) I really hopes that things change now when summer is coming again.
Have a great day now!
Christer.

woody said...

Another great blog I loved the flowers and the pictures are always so good one can almost be there seeing the fields and trees and sky but you cant quite smell the cow dung:>]

The cottage by the Cranelake said...

Hi Woody!
Thank You!
The little rhododednronflower is slightly smaller than my thumb nail :-) But it was sure worth the waiting :-)
Have a great day now!
Christer.

Katarina said...

Förstår dig, Christer - tidiga morgnar vill man vara uppe - på våren och sommaren, vill säga. Det är bästa stunden på dagen!
Katarina

The cottage by the Cranelake said...

Ja vår sommar och tidig höst då är mornarna underbara. Vintern kan det kvitta :-)
Ha en riktigt bra kväll nu!
Christer.

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

Hi Christer...YOU have a NEW picture! It look so nice! the other was fine..but this is more colorful..and I see you are growing a wee beard!
That was a great picture you took of the cranes. I got a better idea of what the area looks like. More and more flowers are opening up ...your area is going to be so lovely soon...already is actually.

Change is always hard. Adjusting.
I love the picture of winding dirt roads...soon all the tree's will be green and beautiful. We planted three birch trees in our back yard. I may have told you..and two redwoods in the front. All are doing SO well. I love trees.
I see that Dana has joined you. She is a dear friend of mine and you cannot...find a better person. I was so happy to see her here!! Your blog will be so good for her. It will help her just relax... :)
Take good care, Christer..
Mona
P.S. I have to smile when I see your visits. My blog has been so trite with just my photo's of this and that around my home. Thank you so much for commenting anyway!! :) I appreciate that.

Mary said...

Your primrose and the landscape photos are so beautiful! I love being up early in the morning too, but it is getting harder as I'm not sleeping at night... Our rhododendrons are not blooming yet. Yours is lovely. :)

Valerie said...

Hi Christer. Hope you are doing well with your messed up "internal clock"! I hate when my sleeping pattern gets off.

Great pictures. I am posting a link for you that you might find interesting regarding wind power. Kansas has the 3rd highest potential for wind energy in the United States. The article is about the U.S. Dept. of Energy helping the City of Greensbury, KS (completely wiped off the map by a massive F5 tornado)rebuild using renewable energy resources. The city wants to be the model "for sustainability by pursuing common-sense green solutions" during the rebuilding process.

Happy reading and blessings to you from Dorothy and Toto (LOL),
Valerie

P.S. I posted some new pictures of the birthday party on the farm that Mary attended over Easter weekend. You might enjoy seeing some pictures of a classic Kansas windmill and restored barn from the late 1800s.

Valerie said...

I forgot the link...silly me!

http://www.energy.gov/news/6201.htm

Blessings,
Valerie

The cottage by the Cranelake said...

Hi Mona!
I think You´re the first one to notice my new picture :-) The old one was taken outside an early morning last summer, so everything sort of became blue :-) To this picture I actully used the flashlight :-)

I have to admit that I too think this is a wonderful area :-) The best thing I ever done is to leave the big city and move up here to Skaraborg.

There´s nothing trite about Your blog!
I wish I could have redwood here, but unfortunally our climat is to harsh for them. But I do have two small sequoias in pots that I hope can manage it here. But they woun´t be especially big here though .-) and I´ve just sown seeds from Red Mulberries :-)
Have a great day now!
Christer.

The cottage by the Cranelake said...

Hi Mary!
Thank You for looking in to my world.
I know how it is not sleeping at night, weather it is because of work or other reasons. It makes one tired all the time and one has to sleep when one gets the chance.

This was the first of my rhododendrons to bloom. This species is known to flower very early, usually so early that frost takes the flowers, but we have had luck with the frost nights here until this night. So this little flower is surly frozen now, but more is on their way :-)
Have a great day now!
Christer.

The cottage by the Cranelake said...

Hi Valerie!
I actully woke up rather early this morning, but so tired that it was hard getting up :-) But I really needed to get up if You know what I mean :-)

I´ll read the link I got, I´m always interested about these things. The more windpowerplants we get the better! I´ll check into Your blog too!
Have a great day now!
Christer.