Friday, April 24, 2009

It was a bit of a haze outside this morning, but the sun shines and it already quite warm ouside. It almost feels like early summer now.






My salary had not come into my account this morning as it should have, it´s pay day today. I know the company I work for has a tough time like so many others, but I didn´t belive they wouldn´t tell us if they didn´t have money enough to pay us. So I phoned my boss and wondered if he got his pay but he hadn´t checked that this morning. Then I phoned the owner and he just got the news that something had gone wrong at the bank. The company still had all our money on it´s account so now the bank employees had to manually transfere our salarys and that could take some time. As long as I know they are comming I´m calm :-)






The Wood anemone has started to flower in the forest now, but those I have here at home still needs a day or two I think. This is a flower everyone wants in their garden, until they have it :-) Spreads like the plaig :-) It can cover big areas in just a couple of years and is like white carpets on the ground.

It looks as the bank I use is going to make a historicly bad result this year. I´m not surprised at all. It´s a bunch of nut heads leading that bank. And it goes all the way down to the leaders in every single bank office. Still it´s only losses from the Baltic countries that makes the bad result, but soon the companies here in Sweden, that has problems already now, will start to fall and then my bank will follow like a well trained dog follows his master. The governement woun´t let it go into bakruptcy but in one way or the other it´s we costumers and tax payers that is going to pay for the incompetens of the leadreship of this bank. I think they should pay every nickel them selves at first, they get payed well inough for it. But they will probably get sacked even more rich afterwards.






I went to the store this morning actully remembering why I went there :-) I order four big sacks ( ten kilos each, 22 pounds)of dogfood there every month. It´s better to do so than that I come there and take all the dog food they have or that they might not have the kind I want for my dogs. They had gotten three bags of cat littre that were slightly broken, so they wondered if I wanted them for third of the price :-) Of course I bought them and that was really lucky cause I realised back home that I had no cat littre at all :-) But then something out of the ordinary happened. They packed what I bought in bags and then carried it to my car! That my friends doesn´t happen in Sweden ever. I remember when I got my right hip fixed and were using crutches and tried to get some things home from another store. No help, bu they were kind enough to let me take one bag at a time to my car while the rest was placed by the cashiers:-) :-) So now I´m in a good mood :-)

I tried to get a good picture of this fly some days now. The back of it looks like the back of a bumble bee, but the head is very different. Have no idea what it can be. It´s probably protected from predators just because of the likeness with th bumble bee.


Well it´s time to enjoy the warm and sunny day. Tomorrow I´ll be working again but I still don´t know with what. It should be big ventilation pipes to Volvo in Skovde, but those hasn´t arrived yet they say. They better leave a not telling me what to paint otherwise, because I´ve told them that I woun´t do anything if there isn´t a note there. This isn´t my ordinary job, so I have no idea what sorts of paint and colour it should be on the things. I can´t just guess and hope for the best :-) there´s no one else than me in the factory weekends You see. But the weather is going to be great all weekend so what does it do if I don´t have anything to paint? I can enjoy the weather instead :-) :-)
Have a great day now!

But I finally got at least one good picture of a bumble bee.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Christer,

I still haven't figured out why banks reward their leadership with million dollar bonuses for total failure; for bringing the bank to bankruptcy; violating SEC regulations; and then having the utter gall to pay those bonuses with taxpayer dollars. It makes no sense but that is why we are not in charge and they are. If it made sense, we wouldn't be in this mess. The greed of Wall Street in the U.S. is unmatched by any time in our history. I would be worried that your check is not in your account. Could be a sign, like we had over here, that the bank is near collapse. I hope, for your sake, it is not.

I bought a 25 lb bag of kitty litter here for my two cats and the cashier asked if I had a Lion at home. Well . . . in a way I do.

Great photos, love the bumble bee.!

The cottage by the Cranelake said...

Hi Z&M!
I too haven´t figured that out. My paychek came in to my account an hour ago, so now I´ll manage a month more :-) The bank still has a lot of money, but it´s probably only a matter of time until they run out of it. Thankfully a bank is not aloowed to go bankrupt here, the state then takes over automaticly and we who uses the bank don´t have to worrie about loosing all our savings. It´s called something like "The bank guarantee".


They have stopped wondering about all animals I have at home in the store along time ago :-) :-)

It´s something special with bumblebees and I´ve tried to help them making homes to them here in the garden. We don´t have a lot of honey bees anymore, so I have to rely on the bumble bees to give me a couple of nectarines this year :-)
Have a great day now, I´m going to!
Christer.

woody said...

Phew glad you got your pay alright it is so sad what has happend to the economy and it seems it is a world wide issue.Over here it is common to have big companys just fold up and lay off everyone.That fly picture is a puzzler I thought it was just another bee but I know very little of bugs.when in doubt I google anything.Have a good weekend at work.............

The cottage by the Cranelake said...

Hi Woody!
Strangly enough I wasn´t worried at all today, but if this would happen later this year when swedish buisnesses starts to fall, then I´ll worry a lot.

We haven´t had this much people whithout work for ages and it seemes it´s the big companies that are in the biggest troubles. If I still would have been working at Volvo I probably would have lost my job now. All those working with me at Volvo will probably loose their jobs this spring.

I´ve tried to google on this insect. hairy fly, bumblebee like fly, hairy bumble bee like fly ... but nothing compared to this fly has been shown. But I´ll continue to try to find it :-)
Have a great day now!
Christer.

Anonymous said...

My dear aunt used to say; "Damned if you do; damned if you don't".
Whatever comes, we'll deal w/it ...

Take care ... GeeGee

NinaH said...

Good your money finally is on its way!;-)
Great when you get a good shot on flowers with a visiting insect on it. You have! Congratulation!;-)
Have a nice week end with your dogs & cats (good they got food now!;-)...)- in the good weather we are promised!

Visiting Voyeur said...

Good to hear the money came in. I would think it would be hard to do your job if you don't know what to do. But perhaps it will be a lovely day and enjoying the weather and the birds nest will be nice. In Oklahoma, where I am from I believe every bank must be a member of the FDIC. It is like insurance that backs our funds incase something happens to the bank up to a certain amount.

We are experiencing more layoffs and unemployment too. An all time high I believe of 8 %. Governments and business like the rate to stay between 2 - 4 %. I lost my job 3 wks ago and I keep looking. Last week there was only 2 jobs that I qualified for in the paper. Very tense times. Enjoying the weather sounds like a great break to me.

The cottage by the Cranelake said...

Hi GeeGee!
And so right she was :-)
Things usually turn out for the best I think. When I had to close my garden center everything looked black, but slowly, slowly everything went back to normal (with a lot of help from friends).

Have a great day now!
Olof.

The cottage by the Cranelake said...

Hi NinaH!
It took only a couple of hours until thet were on my account, so I didn´t miss them so much :-)

Pure luck that I got those pictures :-) They were in a hurry all of them so I just clicked and got two good pictures :-)
Great weather today 21C !
Have a great day now!
Christer.

The cottage by the Cranelake said...

Hi Chelle!
Thankfully the owner came by today so I knew what to do :-) But it would have been great just to enjoy the good weather too :-) But I did anyway because I was able to get a lot of small breaks when the paint dried, so I walked around with my dogs. There is a lot of grass and trees around the factory so we had a pleasant time.


Sorry to hear about Your job! I really hope You´ll get a new one soon!It´s so stressing not to know how the finaces will be when one is out of a job. I´ll be thinking about You and hold my thumbs (as we say when we wish good luck for someone) so You get a new job soon!
But enjoy the spring as much as You can during the waiting!
Have a great day now!
Christer.

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

I am falling behind...was sick a couple of days and just can't keep up at times. That is a GREAT picture of the bumble bee you caught. Arn't they gorgeous?!
It has been nice here. Terribly hot last week..but nice since those few days. PERFECT 72 degrees.
Mona

The cottage by the Cranelake said...

Hi Mona!
You should just know how many pictures I had to take until I got a good one of the bumble bee :-) It just wouldn´t sit still for more then one second :-)

We are over the 70:s every day now over here. That is very early for us and It´s difficult to get used to that heat so fast so most of us have a difficult time at work now, drinking water like camels :-9
Have a great day now!
Christer.