Monday, April 20, 2009

Teodor and Bertil are playing around under the old plum tree.

So I lie there on the hospital bed prepared to get x-rayed and the nurse says, so You are here to x-ray Your right hip before surgery. I answered of course no, that one was already fixed. She looked at me for a long time and went back into her office and came back with the right papers :-) She then told me how I was supposed to lie when they took their pictures. I can´t do that I answered, can´t lie that way any more. It´s amazing how a nurse can make one do impossible things :-) I thought I never would be able to walk again after that :-) For some resaon they had to take a picture from the wrong side, so I had to lift my bad leg up in the air. I got a little support from some kind of pillow. Naturally my leg started to tremble a lot when I tried to have it in the air, so they had to take that picture on and on and on... I think that my scrotum is going to glow in the dark tonight :-)

Suddenly these two just walked out from the forest when I was going to take a picture

of the comming leafs on the birches.




I was lucky on my way home because they have stopped selling Fire logs for the season, but I found the last six pakages, so now there´s a fire in my stowe. It´s not that it´s cold indoors, but the air gets kind of raw when the radiators not are on. But I don´t want it to get to warm, so I can sleep tonight.
I limped around with my dogs when I came home, took a small walk beside the forest and suddenly saw thwt the birches has started to get leafs :-) So I went out on the field to get a picture of them then suddenly two deers also came out on that field just some meters from my dogs. I think we all got very surprised and just stood there and watched each other, then the deers slowly turned around and walked away and my dogs went the other direction.



Now the calves has started to walk around on the fields here :-)





Now it´s getting warm and cosy in my little cottage so I think I´ll take a little nap. Hopefully I´ll be able to walk a little bit better after that :-)
Have a great day now!


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like that leg does need some fixin. Too bad you had to experience pain just for an X-Ray.

You got some great photos today. So the hip visit didn't stop you from enjoying the nature there. Love the deer picture and the calves resting. There is a smaller one sleeping in the background. And that looks like a half moon over the countryside. Am I right?

Get some rest now, you need it.

The cottage by the Cranelake said...

Hi Z&M!
I´ll survive :-) They have to get the x-rays from the right angles and that means pain. The first time I had to x-ray my right hip they had to use sandbags to get my leg in the position they wanted, that was pain I can tell You :-) :-)

I was a bit surprised when the deers just walked out from the forest just beside us and so were they I think :-) But since my dogs don´t have any feeling for hunting (other than squirrels and cats) we all took it very calm.

There are more calves to come. I almost hade a great picture of one but then it suddenly felt for turning its head away, so it looks as if it´s decapitated :-)

I had too search for the half moon for a while, then I saw it in yestedays blog :-) The moon is up till around eleven here now and later in summer we can see it in the middle of´the day. Must have to do with the eatrths angle towards the sun I think.
have a great day now!
Christer.

woody said...

Gotta hate those xray positions for the pain but you are right them nurses can make you do stuff you would never believe you could.
As always great photos and nice story on the deer it is such a peaceful place you live.Enjoy your rest and may your xrays bring good results toward your problem.

The cottage by the Cranelake said...

Hi Woody!
Yes, they now their work, thats for sure :-)

It´s very peaceful here, almost to peaceful sometimes. If it wasn´t for the tractors here I sometimes wonder if there really lives any body here :-)
Yes, lets hope this x-raying makes the differens this year!
Have a great day now!
Christer.

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

I'm sorry your hip is feeling "puny" which means "not so good". :) Yes...we nurses can make one do some interesting things..sorry...but this makes me laugh. Poor thing. You have never mentioned having a bad leg..or hip..
Now me...I don't suffer in silence..I moan and then look to see if it gets any attention. Naw..I am just kidding! With my size family it would never be noticed anyway!
I 'm glad you enjoyed seeing Mele.
The e's are pronounced as long a's.
I enjoyed seeing the pictures of the deer so much. You would have thought the dogs would have given chase..but they didn't. Interesting. Those kittys of yours are the happiest little things! An animals paradise. :)
Take care of that hip Christer.
Mona

Annika said...

Hoppas det är OK att kommentera på svenska här också :-)
TACK flr kommentaren på min blogg i fredags då vi hade vårblommor på fredagstemat.
Trevligt med en ny besökare!
Nu har jag kikat runt här hos dig och gläds över härliga vårfoton!
Lycka till med höften!! INTE kul att ha ont. Usch!
Hälsningar från Annika strax utanför Washington DC

The cottage by the Cranelake said...

Hi Mona!
Yes it´s fantastic what You nurses can make us do :-) :-) I have psoriasis arteritis and that destroys the grid in my joints. Normally it wouldn´t go this fast, but I sort of sat down in spagat(split) once and that gave me an injury that sort of speeded things up :-) :-) But It´s only when it really hurts I start to tell the world how everyone should feel sorry for me :-)

Mele is such a cute dog! Me I don´t dare having a small dog. Can se myself stumbeling over it at night falling over it :-) :-) I have to have big dogs that can take my weight :-)
Have a great day now!
Christer.

The cottage by the Cranelake said...

Hej Annika! Så kul att du tittade hit!
Får jag bara komma till doctorn skall jag nog övertyga honom om att det är dags att göra något åt höften :-) Börjar tröttna lite på den nu :-)
Ha en härlig dag nu!
Christer.

Visiting Voyeur said...

your kitty is very cute looking. Looks like another day with wonderful pictures and discussion.

Chelle

The cottage by the Cranelake said...

Hi Chelle!
I agree, they do look cute :-)
Have a great day now!
Christer.