Thursday, August 6, 2009

Today I´ve been taking a little trip to Gothenburg to visit one of my aunts. She lives in an area that has a bad reputation, totally unfair to be honest. There is one place in this area that I wouldn´t walk in alone by night and because of that the whole area has a bad reuptation. There are plenty of small lakes there and lots of forest for children to play in. I´m a bit tired now so there will be mostly photoes in todays blog. First there comes pictures from here this morning, later from my journy home.
Have a great day now!







We call this fly for "Flower fly". It´s a great helper in the garden and its larvae eats a lot of insects that ruin plants for us.

This moth really has misunderstood how to not get attention :-)

Teodor spying at the fishes in the pond :-) The fishes are still to smart for him :-)


I have a big wooden box outside to keep all (or at least a couple) empty pots in. Spiders loves to make webbs in it.







Not a to bad place for kids to play in, wouldn´t You agree?

Many places looks like this in Gothenburg. There are few cities that are as green as Gothenburg.


The comming pictures is from my way home.

Southern Sweden is anything from big fields to big forests and small hills in between.

Here and there small villages just pops up without any warning :-)

And then the fields comes again.


Just tp be interrupted by a small town.


And one can always see a church where ever You are.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lote of nice pictures I enjoyed your trip home.Ive not been to regular on my blog but I am still enjoying the summer and following your blog.

The cottage by the Cranelake said...

Hi Woody!
Nice to see You here again!
I avoided the bigger roads because now people are travelling home again in the end of their vacation, but there were still a lot of traffic.
Continue to enjoy Your vacation and start blogging when autumn comes instead.
Have a great day now!
Christer.

Anonymous said...

Simplicity seems to be the rule for architecture there. I love the picture approaching the village with the yellow building, small window. We should have small windows over here where Hurricanes are but alas, too many people want the sunshine to come in. I liked all the pictures today. I hope you found your Aunt feeling well. And yes, that's a nice playground for kids. Thanks for posting them.

The cottage by the Cranelake said...

Hi Z&M!
In most places simplicity is the rule on houses from early 1900. The smaller windows were for keeping kold weather outside. Nowdays with the new windows that doesn´t let out that much heat, the windows gets bigger here too.

Perhaps I should photographe some of our old houses tomorrow? I´ll try to find a new lawn mower and hoses to my pond, so I´ll see a lot of houses.

My aunt is feeling great, she´s almost 69 and thinks that mobile phones wwith sms and mms is the best thing ever evented :-)
Have a great day now!
Christer.

jaz@octoberfarm said...

that is funny about your aunt. i was wondering if you were going to make that trip. isn't your vacation over tomorrow? i am tired too. we drove about 8 hours all together. i am glad everyone wants to see more pictures of my trip so i will start posting some tomorrow. i really enjoy seeing yours since i have never been to sweden and don't think i will ever travel there since i don't like to fly much anymore! see you tomorrow...yawn!!!! joyce

The cottage by the Cranelake said...

Hi Joyce!
I start working on Saturday morning again.
Driving for so long really makes one tired! I only drove for four hours and I was really tired.

Internet is fantastic in that way, we can see the whole world here, so we don´t have to travel if we don´t want to :-)
have a great day now!
Christer.

Vittran said...

Visst finns det ställen i stan som man inte vill gå genom på nätterna, tråkigt att det ska vara så.
Att köra längs vägarna upp emot Skara och Skövde ger variation. Små samhällen "pluppar" upp när man minst anar. Lite Midsomer över det hela.
När vi körde till Skövde så till vår förvåning upptäckte vi en stripklubb ute i ingenstans.:)
Trevlig fredag!

The cottage by the Cranelake said...

Tjänare Vittran!
Ja, dåliga ställen finns det alltid tyvärr.
ja den strippklubben är nästan världskänd, den hotades ju att stämmas både av McDonalds och Absolut Vodka eftersom hans loga påminde om McDonalds och han skrev Absolut Dragan på skylten :-) Den ser jag varje dag på väg till och från jobbet :-)
Ha det gott!
Christer.

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

What wonderful pictures. I think the birds will be visiting you when the water is clear in your pond!:)

The cottage by the Cranelake said...

Hi Mona!

I´m not sure about that, because my cats are never far away from the pond. But I did make a bird bath on my pottery class, so I´ll put that some other place so the cats has to choose where to be. That would give the birds a chanse to bathe on one place at least :-)
Have a great day now!