Sunday, September 6, 2009

No it´s not a small copy of a Gallow You can see in the middle of this foggy picture :-) It´s a welcome sign to the little village Gudhem (Goods home, a nice name don´t You think?)


The day started out with some rain and cloudy sky. But we had at leats not fog as they did up on the mountine as You can see on the top picture. The mountine Mösseberg isn´t that high, a bit more than 300 meters (a bit more tha 1000 feet) but clouds have a tendensy to cover the top in bad weather anyway. I went to the little store in Gudhem to see if I had won 145 million swedish kronor in the lottery (that would be around 19 333 333 US dollars). Well I didn´t but it seemes no one else did either, so next week it´ll be even higher winnings. The chance of actully winning the lottery is so small that it almost doesn´t exist. They say it´s a bigger chance to be hit twice by the same car on the exact same place in one week than to win :-) :-) But I´ll keep on trying anyway. I can´t win for sure if I don´t participate in the lottery.








I´ve never seen this kind of fungus before. It looks toxic I think :-)
Yesterday a six year old boy locked himself in in his own room. His father told him to go to the bed and stay there, so he could find another key to unlock the door. Well six years old boys have a logik of their own, why stay by the bed when one could climb out the window?? The problem was that they lived on the sixth floor! So he climbs out the window and ofcourse he falls.



There´s a lot of branches and twigs left in the forest after the thinning of it. But in a year or two this has been taken back to the nature covered with moss. But at the moment it´s a bit difficult to walk there for me.
But the story has a happy ending after all. Benieth, on a terrace, stands a man that understands what is going to happen when he sees the boy. During this time the police has arrived but runs to the wrong floor. When they finally reaches the right appartement the boy falls. Luckily for the boy the man benith decides he will try to catch the boy as good as he can. They boy hits him first in the head and then on the shoulder and that brakes the fall so much that the only injury he gets is a broken arm. The man who tries to catch him has a bit of a problem with one of his eyes where the boy hit and has to go to an orthopedic because he has some pain in his shoulder and neck, but everything looks as if he wount get any problems in the future anyway. I can only hope that I would do the same thing if I saw a child fall out of a window on the sixth floor, but I think most of us would.

Thistles are still flowering and they are loved feeding station for nectar drinking insects.



Bertil is still folowing us on our walks, his brother Teodor is rather much still at home.



I was thinking of going to my last home to look for mushrooms today, but I have no rubber boots and that is a must when walking there. Some places has so much grass that never dries in autumn so I would be soaking weat if not having any. There are lots of mooses there too, so one can never really relax when going around looking for mushrooms. But I saw fresh moose droppings in our forest yesterday too and I could hear a moose cow calling on her calf perhaps 500 meters from me and my dogs (about 1600 feet away). So we started to walk homewards when I heard that, it´s not a good idea to come between a moose cow and her calf I can tell You. Mosses can kick in all directions and aim good.
Well, the sun is shining and it´s time for a cup of tea on mu kitchen stairs.
Have a great day now!


These red berries looks tasty doesn´t they? But that would be some of the last things one would do if eating them. They are the berries from "The Lily of the valley"


Young white toadstools. If eating these one gets very sick shortly after. The next day one feels ok and perhaps forgets about it. After two weeks one dies. Every internal organ then collapses and one can´t be saved. Happens to a couple of persons every year it seemes.


I just have to show You this spider. I was taking in some barrels this monday to fill with the powderpaint from our big filtres. This spider then jumped at me :-) I got really scared, but not as mucg as the spider I think :-) The body of it is about 2,5 centimeters (that would be around 1 inch) It´s not especially poisouness to humans but I do suffer from a touch of arachnophobia
so my heart did beat a bit faster when I saw it :-) Small spiders are ok, but big!!!!

14 comments:

Katarina said...

Det där med svampar är allt bra lurigt. Man tror man känner igen matsvamparna, men vissa är luriga! Jag tror jag ska hålla mig till köpt svamp trots allt. -Thusig tistelbild!
Ha det gott!

Anonymous said...

I hate all spiders except Charlotte. WOW again on these photos today Christer. I went back and looked again. You are truly gifted. And I suppose I would help a child land on my body if he surely did jump. But first, I think, I would try talking him down or back into the bedroom window. I get the feeling the police were useless on their try. Their bad. Oh, is that the new paint job you did on the cottage? The picture of two cottages? Is the one on the left yours? If so, nice job although I don't see the pond. We seemed to have lost touch with the summer pond project. How 'bout photos of the pond tomorrow? You have a great day and we will be putting hot dogs on the grill Monday afternoon here. Please stop by for some dogs and beer.

The cottage by the Cranelake said...

Tjänare Katarina!
Ja en del av dem är rätt svåra att skilja åt. Känner jag mig det minsta osäker låter jag dem vara. Numera finns det ju gott om olika färska svampar att köpa, så egentligen är det bara nöjet att vandra omkring i skogen som gör att jag forfarande plockar ibland :-)
Ha det gott!
Christer.

The cottage by the Cranelake said...

Hi Z&M!
Well, the police didn´t have a chance to get him in at all. When they arrtived he had alredy fallen. I think six year old don´t have the sence of seeing how high up they really are. If I understand things correctly the bouy had no chance to get in by him self again.

No, I haven´t painted Yet :-) I know it´s getting a bit late now :-) But my neighbours house, the one to the left, was painted last year. He has also changed all teils this summer. That cottage looks really nice!

If I remember I´ll put pictures on the pond tomorrow. Nothing more has happened thete though.

I´ll see if I can come by later, there´s always room for a hot dog and a beer :-)
Have a great day now!
Christer.

Visiting Voyeur said...

Christer,

I think the thistle is very pretty. I am not a big fan of spiders. Did you do a little jig of a dance when it jumped at you? My biggest thing is snakes. I am glad you haven't shown any.

I wish the fog hadn't covered the mountain. It would have been nice to see it. I love mountains. Ours in Oklahoma aren't really that high either. Going to go have some tea myself.

Thanks again,

Chelle

The cottage by the Cranelake said...

Hi Chelle!
Yes, I made a little dance :-) :-) I might have shouted somthing too :-) :-)
I love snakes, even if one bit my old Erna this summer. Strangly enough have I never been afraid of them. I almost took a picture of one of our lizards today, That lizard has no legs so it looks very much like a snake, but it is totally harmless.

I have found a beautiful road on the mountine so I might take that way next friday and show here and then I can also show a picture of the mountine itself. If my memorie works like it should :-) :-)
have a great day now and enjoy Your cup of tea!
Christer.

Hannele på Hisingen said...

Tistlar är vackra.

Kat said...

Christer,
The rain picture is wonderful. I can feel the wind and the wet!

Holiday here tomorrow-last big one of the summer! It's funny they call it Labor Day but nobody works!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

The cottage by the Cranelake said...

Hej Hannele, kul att se dig här!
Visst är tistlar vackra! Har alltid gillat dem, enda gången de måste bort är när de hamnar direkt på de platserna jag går barfota på :-)
Ha en riktigt bra dag nu!
Christer.

The cottage by the Cranelake said...

Hi Kat!
Not the best of weathers but it was a magical moment there then. I felt completly alone in the world, even if there was a lot of costumers in the shop right behind my back :-)

You have Labour day, we don´t. But do You have a holiday on May first as we do?
I´ll enjoy the last few hours that´s left of the weekend :-9
Have a great day now!
Christer.

NinaVästerplana said...

Hade missat graven du hittat! Men jag har läst om den nu.... Så spännande! Du vet väl att du kan gå in på
http://www.raa.se/cms/fornsok
O kolla om det är någon känd fornlämning du hittat?
Ha en bra vecka
Nina

The cottage by the Cranelake said...

Tjänare Nina!
Nä, det visste jag inte, skall kolla in där senare, Tack för adressen!
Ha det gott!
Christer.

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

Hi Christer...hmmm...well a six year old boy can be pretty heavy. I am only five ft tall so something that heavy falling on me would probably do me some damage..however...I would have to try! I think it is instinct to help a child.
Spiders are NOT my cup of tea..and I am definitily afraid of them. As we speak there is a tiny one that has made his little web on my stove during the night. I keep passing the stove and looking at him..but cannot bring myself to use the bug spray on him. I want to find someway to capture him and put him outside. He is obviously just trying to catch some food.
He looks at me....I look at him. High drama here! :) With a one inch spider...I think I would grab a hammer. A newspaper wouldn't do it. I hate to watch things die with spray!!
Mona

The cottage by the Cranelake said...

Hi Mona!
Yes when falling six floors a six years old boy wilkl be really heavy to catch! I hope we all would try the same thing. As I understood things there were many people that was prepared to catch him if they could, thak God!

I can totally understand Your feeling with that spider :-) But nowdays I can cope with the small ones or those that only stay by their webb. But those big, black hairy ones that crawl uo from the bathroom pipes!!!!!!! :-) :-)

By the way, spiders doesn´t die from spray made to kill flies. Those sprays only kills insects :-)
Have a great day now!
Christer.