Thursday, September 17, 2009

I start this blog with four morning pictures. The two first is from yesterday morning and the comming two from this morning. They are all taken with my mobile phone camera and I think that they became rather good. Fantastic what good cameras there are in our phones nowday!

Frost this morning too and today they are warning for frost tomorrow too in the weather forcast in tv. If they warn for it, it will probably be colder than it has been until now. I live in what we call a cold hole, so it is only here that the frost has been so far. No one at work have had frost at their home yet.




So now there´s a fire in the stove and the heat is slowly travelling its way to my upper floor. I didn´t fire yesterday and regretted that in the middle of the night when I woke up feeling rather cold. I was to tired to get up and fetch a blanket, but I wasn´t to tired to command my dogs to get up in my bed to keep me warm :-) I´m pretty sure that they liked it as much as I did :-)

Trumpet swans, or as we call them Song swans. More and more birds are moving south now.

I have no idea what this is. I have never seen it in this neighbourhood before.



I left work a bit early today, because I had left my car at the garage so they could see if it was a jiggamathing or a watchamacallit that made a sound when driving on bumpy roads. I think it was a couple og jiggamathings actully :-) The mekanic fixed my ABS-breaks at the same time as he looked after what I needed to my car. I think I told You that the ABS-breaks stopped working when I was on my way to friends far north this summer. It seemes I had torn of the cables. So he fixed it and now the little yellow lamp doesn´t shine any more :-) He´ll fix the other thing next week, just before the petrolstation with this garage closes down just because it didn´t make profit enough. Now I don´t know where to go if the car makes strange noices. What other place would fix the cables instead of just throw the old ones away and put in new ones for a much higher price? I thought I took a picture of the petrolstation today, but I can´t find it. So I´ll try to take a new one tomorrow. Perhaps there´ll be some more pictures of Kvänum too.

They have sold Fiat cars here since long ago. But they don´t use the house ant more. I think it might have been a petrolstation there too a long time ago.

This is an agricultur area so the silo is the biggest house in Kvänum.


Appartement building.


When I moved here there were a banf in this house. Back then they had atleast two banks and a postoffice. Now there´s only one bank left and one can´t take out money from ones account there :-) :-) :-)


The big street in Kvänum.

Well, the sun is going down and my tea is ready. I feel that it´s time to put more logs in the fire too, so now I say goodbye for today.
Have a great day now!

11 comments:

jaz@octoberfarm said...

hi christer...great photos today! you never had a pumpkin pie? too bad you don't live by me because i would bake one for you! they are a dessert not a main meal. what do they taste like? hmmmm....i guess the closet thing would be a custard pie. there really isn't anything close to it except sweet potato pie and you probably have never had one of those either. i sure wish teddy would sleep with me. she is not a happy puppy these days! joyce

Valerie said...

Yes, the newer phones do have amazing camera quality!

Great pictures. I especially loved the ones of the town/village.

Left you a message on my blog! LOL

Val

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

I have never used my cell phone camera except when I first bought it. It was demonstrated to me in the store about three years ago..and that was the end of it. Lost the box of cords that went with it when I moved.
Perhaps I will trade it in on a new one. Your photo's are wonderful! It took pictures as good as my regular camera (I want a better camera too!) You do know what they say about "wishes" don't you? :)
The little flower looks rather like a sweet pea to me.
What I am noticing about your country from the pictures you post, is that it is so much cleaner than California. The East Coast up in the New England states is clean like that. There is trash everywhere in California and it makes me so upset.
Fast food papers...you name it....litter our streets. Seems everyone thinks someone else is going to clean up their mess..so out the car window it goes. Children litter the streets on the way home from school. They have not been taught any better...or if they have, they see their peers do it so they do it. Sad.
Ok..getting off my soap box.
No frost here yets..not even close.
I have not been running the AC the past few days...but true to California's weather pattern..HEAT is on it's way back! I just hope it is not over 100 degrees again.

That beautiful open country is so beautiful! I don't see that ugly smog that we have here! The air looks clean and pure. When I lived in Florida, there was no smog and when we moved back to California, we all became sick from the clean air! :):) Can you imagine that?? :) It happened!

Your car is acting up?? OH NO!
It seems you just got it not so long ago!
There is a gas station on nearly every corner here! So many of them. Sometimes one on all four corners!! :)
Take care, Christer...glad you liked my pancake pictures. I was at a loss as what to post. I didn't show off my dishes..don't have that many. Oh well. I cannot keep up with the Jones..
Mna

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

oops!
Mona :)

The cottage by the Cranelake said...

Hi Joyce!
I´ve heard so much about pumpkin pie, but never eaten one. We don´t have so much pumpkins over here. To be honest. I think most people over here knows about pumpkins only because we´ve seen it in films from the US :-) The problem is that I´ve never eaten either custard or sweet potatoe pie in my life :-) :-) :-)

I really hope thet cooler wethar will lift up Teddys mood! I can imagine that this is at least as painful for You as for Teddy. I know how I am when my dogs are sick!
Hope Your day will be a good day!
Christer.

The cottage by the Cranelake said...

Hi Valerie!
There will be more pictures of Kvänum in tomorrows blog!
I´ll check in to Your blog in a minute then!
Have a great day now!
Christer.

The cottage by the Cranelake said...

Hi Mona!
I didn´t have a real digital camera for years, so I used my mobile camera a lot in the beginning. Nowdays I use it if I forget my ordinary camera. It´s really good actully, but I do prefer the " real" camera.

I sure do know what they say about wishes :-) :-)I´ve had a lot of them :-) :-)

Out here it is really clean, but as soon as one comes close to a bigger town or city it´s a different thing. People are getting worse and worse unfortunally. And like You I get really angry when seeing how people doesn´t care more!

Our air is really clean nowdays, because Denmark and brittain doesn´t use so much cole to warm up their homes any longer. All their pollution flew with the wind and fell down over the swedish westcoast. So smog is unknown here, but we do have our thick, thick fog :-) :-)
I have actully heard that people get sick when they move in to areas with clean air :-) :-)

I knew about this thingy with my car when I bought it, but there were no hurry to fix it. But now I felt it was time before they closed down the garage. Here they are closing down all smaller petrolstations in our small villages. So those living way up north can have over 100 US mailes to the closest station!! I live close to three bigger towns, so I can still fill my car without driving to far.

I always becomes happy when I see pancakes :-) How do You make them so thick? I tried one time and failed enormously :-) :-)
Take care and have a great day now!
Christer.

Anonymous said...

What a sleepy looking little town. I love it. How much, how much,?? I wanna move there. . . well maybe in the summer. Great pictures again Christer, Thanks.

NinaH said...

Cute little village/town you live in, Christer!

The cottage by the Cranelake said...

Hi Z&M!
Well it is a sleepy little town or village is a better word. But there are better places to live at I think, I´ve heard that they have some drug problems there.
Have a great day now!
Christer.

The cottage by the Cranelake said...

Hi Nina!
I live far away from this little village, but I work there. That´s enough for me I think :-) :-)
Have a great day now!
Christer.