Saturday, May 9, 2009

The sun now goes up earlier than me. It goes up 04:53am and down 09:12pm.




The weather seemes to have some trouble to decide what to do today. We have ten minutes early summer weather, ten minutes with clouds allone and then stormy winds and pourin rain. At work that doesn´t matter neither for me or my dogs, because there is a big roof protecting a big part of the yard. We weren´t alone for many minutes today. Just when I was going out to paint, the man that usually has my job during week days came. He had been painting all day yeaterday and left a lot of things in the paintbox. It took over two hours to get everything out. After that he helped to put everything I should paint in order, so I should know what to take first.



I shouldn´t had forgotten to take it in last winter. But now small birds use it as a bathtub.




The Japanese Wood Poppy has started to show its flowers now. The flowers are peotected by the leafs just until its time to open up.



He drives the diesel forklift much harder than I do and my dog Hector wasn´t happy about that. A long time after my work friend had left Hector refused to look straight at me. He sort of had his head in another direction, just giving me a glance or so from time to time. He was actually petulant the rest of the day until we finally came home. It certanly didn´t help when yet another work friend arrived to check something he was working with and to clean up some of the litter lying everywhere on the yard.



Another Pentecost lilly in my garden.





Finally home, taking the way by the store in Kvänum to buy everything I forgot to buy yesterday in Gudhem, we took a little walk in the forest. The sun was shining, birds were singing and life felt good. I then realised that life wouldn´t be that good if we didn´t hurry home, because the wind was suddenly blowing hard and dark clouds covered the sky. Naturally my hip then said no, no hurrying today. Do You know that when it rains the best place to be at, if it not is thunder included in the weather ofcourse, is under a Spruce?



The sky looked more dramatic than it was. The rains didn´t start until I came home from work.



The Tatarian honeysuckle flowers in the old forgotten orchard at work.




It can rain for hours and still it´s absolutly dry under a spruce. So when the rain started to fall like mad, my dogs and I took cover. The rain came horizontally because of the strong winds, but we were as dry as we were before the rain there under the spruce. We had just made it home when the next shower came :-)



The trees are neglected and has started to fall to bits really. But they still flowers and gets fruit.




At the moment it´s early summer outside. I´m not sure what to do, because at the time I come to the kitchen stairs it can have changed again :-) Well at least I don´t have to water the flowerbeds for a couple of day now :-) Think it´s time for a cup of tea. By the time the tea is ready it might be early summer again :-)
Have a great day now!


12 comments:

Anonymous said...

... Your blogs are 'walks in a comforting garden" ...
Thank you for the peace and serenity.
Don't ever change ...
Fondly, AliceMary

The cottage by the Cranelake said...

Hi AliceMary!
Thanks!I´ll try to stay the same :-)
Olof.

NinaH said...

Hope you reached the kitchen stair in right weather!;-)
Have a nice Sunday!

The cottage by the Cranelake said...

Hi NinaH!
Yes I did, it was sunny for almost five minutes :-)
Christer.

NinaVästerplana said...

Tack för hjälpen.... jag var o pillade lite på knopparna som inte orkat öppna sig... verkar som om de torkat i foderbladet o sen har svårt o komma igenom liksom.... Kanske att dagens o gårdagens regn o mitt pillande gör att `skalet´ öppnar sig nu....
Skogsvallmon... finns den i flera färger? Min är knallgul! Kan vi byta lite? O den där fina rosa kaprifolen... går det o få tag i en stickling av den?
Riktigt vill ha-inlägg idag... ;-)
NinaVästerplana

woody said...

The old gardens at your workplace are so nice it is sad they have been left to just fade away.Can you take cuttings from them for your own garden.Here our weather has been wet and dry almost daily but it is aiding the growth and all is looking quite green now.

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

The little Japanese Wood Poppy is amazing. I can see it cradled in the leaves...I have never seen anything like that.
I wasn't sure why your dog was upset with you??
How I wish we had rain here. We had so little and now the chances of having any are getting less, and less. Fires are terrible. It's sad the los of homes...and the displaced people. I wish you could send us some of your rain.
I love the tree that still blooms when dying. Hmmm..I wonder if there is a connection there. :)
Great post, as usual.
WHAT? I missed one of your posts?? Keeping up is getting hard.
Mona

Anonymous said...

I envy you and the dogs under that Spruse tree. We used to hide under pine trees when it rained as kids. We still got wet but the odor from the pine needles was overwhelming. I still get that scent when I walk along the bike path up north in the Fall.

The cottage by the Cranelake said...

Tänare Nina!
Så lite så :-) Det är det engelska namnet som är skogsvallmo, vårat är Lunddocka. Jag skall nog dela den efter blomning så visst kan vi byta, har länge funderat på varför jag inte har någon skogsvallmo nämligen :-)

Om du vill kan jag ta sticklingar på Rosentryet om du vill. Ingen speciell doft tyvärr, men vacker är den.
Ha en riktigt skön dag nu!
Christer.

The cottage by the Cranelake said...

Hi Woody!
Yes it is sad that they are allowed to just fall apart. I really don´t know who owns these old gardens, perhaps it it the firm I work at. But I´ve taking some cuttings already :-) :-)
The grass has started to grow really fast now because of the rains we´ve had here now. Wish they could find a grass that only got a cóuple of inches high :-) :-)
have a great day now!
Christer.

The cottage by the Cranelake said...

Hi Mona!
It takes so long time to get many japanese poppys so they aren´t especially common. It grows really slow and it can take years for the seeds to germinate. But I´ve read that it´s more common over here than in the US, no one knows why though.


Well Hector knows that I knows that he doesn´t like strong engine sounds and he think I deserted him out there where the forclift was :-) But There were no other place I could have the dogs as I saw it. But today it was better, I drive the forclift much more silent, but then it takes so much longer time.

I wish You could get some rain too! I hope that the fire not is near You! I follow the news on the fires in California as much as I can.
Have a great day now!
Christer.

The cottage by the Cranelake said...

Hi Z&M!
Our pines doesn´t have branches so low, They are just in the top of the tree, But I know what You mean. The smell from pines is wonderful! Spruces doesn´t smell that way unless one cuts them down and then they wount help in rain :-)
Have a great day now!
Christer.