Saturday, June 27, 2009

The inside of the foxglove is really beautiful if one takes a close look.



My dogs and cats just lies on the floor, not following every step I take as they usually does. It´s to hot today. It´s over 28C (82F) and the wind is still rather hard so it feels like walking in a hot owen right now. I bought a bubbel level but it´s to hot to do anything at all. But I´m not complaining, not at all. I love this weather because it´s so seldom we have it. We never knows how spring will be here, can be cold and rainy or as this year summer hot. Autumn is rainy and winter is dark and either warm and rainy or hellish cold :-)




We don´t have sunflowers in the wild in Sweden, but we have these instead. It´s called "Slåtterfibbla" in swedish (Spotted Cat''s-ear (Hypochoeris maculata), and when that flowers farmers knows it´s time to start making hay.




No burgulars at work today :-) But it was so warm that the paint dried to fast so it looked like dust had sprayed all over it :-) But that´s life sometimes :-)







Vacation time has started over here and I notice that on the traffic out on the roads. One way to spot a person from a big city is because they stop on highways to take pictures of cows :-) and one can see how happy they are to get that picture :-) They can also drive really slowly so they can see the scenery. They don´t want to miss anything :-) Unfortunally we who lives here doesn´t always appreciate that, we see it all the time and sort of forgets that it´s really beautiful here.




Then we have the caravans. They seemes to come in flocks of two hundred and all drivers looks really stressed. Many people have set up goals of what they have to do during vacation and when something goes wrong they get really stressed over that. I never set up goals during vacation, I mean vacation is for relaxing and having fun wether You are at home or travelling. I take the day as it comes instead. Why try to make life harder than one has to?



There´s not much water in the big creek now.


Normally the water level is one meter higher (3,3 feet).



We may not be able to have the Snapdragon as a perennial over here, but who needs it when we have this close relative in the nature? This is a Linaria vulgaris.


Well I still have nine working days till I get my four weeks of vacation, so until then I´ll make some pots of tea and enjoys the weather :-)
Have a great day now!



Just a picture taken late at night. Not the best of pictures but I like it.

14 comments:

Tara said...

Oh, I'm afraid I'm someone who takes pictures of cows! Where we live it's open range, so cows occasionally wander into the roads. There's just something about taking pictures when a cow and her calf stops traffic!

I love your flowers and the scenery. Here in the desert, it's usually hot, VERY HOT, REALLY REALLY HOT and not so hot. :)

jaz@octoberfarm said...

hi christer.....what are your plans for your vacation time? when does summer leave sweden? does it start to get cold there by september? so far so good here. we have had some days around 90 but the humidity has been low. as long as it stays down the heat is bearable. i am hoping it doesn't get too warm here.

The cottage by the Cranelake said...

Hi Tara!
I too take pictures of cows and calfs, but I only have to step outside my cottage to get them :-)and I´m oroginally from Gothenburg, Swedens next biggest city :-)

I can imagine that our heat is nothing comapred to Yours :-)But it´s enough for me :-)
Have a great day now!
Christer.

Anonymous said...

To compare your city slickers taking pictures of cows Christer, we have a popular bumper sticker here that says "When I Retire, I Will Move to Florida and Drive 35 mph in the Left Lane". Shows you how much people think of our elder retired group. They do drive slow and sometimes when you drive slow it's worse than someone driving fast. Love the pictures today. Can't believe you get that much time off. Must be wonderful.

The cottage by the Cranelake said...

Hi joyce!
Mostly I´m going to stay here at home but I´ll also going down to my mother and her fiance down in Småland. I´m also driving far north (half way up our country) to friends I known a long time. It´ll take about ten hours to get there and I´ll show pictures here after I´ve come home again.

These last years has been different when it comes to the cold weather. Normally our first frost comes early september, but after that it usually gets warm again a couple of weeks.

I can take the cold weather but I hate when it becomes dark here. When it´s dark when I drive to work and dark when comming home again. Now in summer the sun is up eighteen hours as most, but in whinter it´s the opposite.

This is as hot as it usually gets here, but now and again we get up to 93-94 F. Those days it´s terrible here. But I woun´t complain :-)
Have a great day now!
Christer.

The cottage by the Cranelake said...

Hi Z&M!
Well we have a man here that never drives over 31 mph. He looks as if hes a bit over hundred years old and I´m amazed that he can drive at all :-) But I recognise his car directly so I mostly smile when I see him.

I´ve already taken some days from my fith week of vacation, so after these four weeks I have only three days left to use. But I know that we are lucky over here to have that many weeks of vacation, not many have that in the world.
Have a great day now!
Christer.

Anette said...

Hallo there! Antar att man får kommentera på svenska.........fast det är svårt när man läst allt på engelska!
Trött hund det har jag också. Vi går en lång runda på morgonen sen blir det för varmt och hon letar gärna upp en skuggig plats i närheten av mig.
Blåsigt har det varit ett par dagar, men mina blommor har klarat sig bra. Åtminstone jämfört med hur det var för en vecka sedan med hagelskuren.
Semester, ja i morrn ska allt packas och på måndag drar vi till Kroatien. Undrar om man kan plocka fröer av något *ler*
Ha de så gott och hoppas vädret håller i sig när din semester börjar.
Kram Anette

Lotta 8`) said...

Hej hopp :) Även jag skriver på svenska då min "svengelska" kan vara lite svårtydd ;) Ja, det är varmt men jag bara älskar det! Snart kommer ju regninga juli så det är bäst att passa på att njuta. Våra katter drar till skogs när det är så här varmt, ligger i någon skuggig hörna och kommer bara hem för att äta, någon gång har jag hittad dem i svala källaren. Så skönt med semester! Jag får vänta ett par veckor till men kan däremot njuta av långhelger fram tills dess. Ha det så gott i värmen :)

Kat said...

Christer,
I love in an area with a lot of retired people and hordes of summer tourists (I know-I am retired too, but I drive fast). They slowly meander and drive me crazy. I tend to curse a lot.

I love visiting you every day. Your flowers brighten my day.

The cottage by the Cranelake said...

Tjänare Anette!
Jajjamen, det går utmärkt att skriva här på svenska (och även danska och de bägge norska språken för er som talar det) förutom engelskan :-)

Ja ni hade hagel ja, vi slapp ju den tack och lov, men fick några rejäla åskskurar istället. Idag när det var vindstilla låg även katterna och flämtade högt :-)

Jag har bara hört gott om kroatien som turistmål så jag tror och hoppas att ni kommer att få det jättehärligt! Ja plocka fröer om du kan, även om det kan ses som ogräs där nere kan det ju vara en riktigt bra planta hos oss. Fast problemet är väl att du inte vet vad du plockar då :-) :-)

Ha det så gott på resan!
Christer.

The cottage by the Cranelake said...

Hej lotta 8´)!

Jag, jag vägrar klaga nu när värmen väl kommer, fast det var nära igår när jag såg hur uttorkade alla växterna var här i trädgården :-)

När det var vindstilla här nyss låg även katterna och flämtade högt :-) Men nu har vinden startat igen och alla djuren ligger där det är korsdrag :-)

Nu är det bara åtta arbetsdagar kvar till semestern :-) Det skall bli så skönt!
Ha det gott nu!
Christer.

The cottage by the Cranelake said...

Hi Kat!
This old mans slow driving I can take without problems and mostly the other times as well. The time I really gets angry is in crane season.

Then tourists just tsops their cars and jumps out just to take a look at a lonly crane, when they can see thousands just a mile away. I don´t know how many times I almost have taken them with my car!I don´t curse often, but then I do it almost all of the time :-) :-) :-)
Have a great day now!
Christer.

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

I swear, Christer, I should have been born in a jungle! First let me say that I like your picture. It is what YOU see and that's nice.
The growth...just wonderful. I know lots of things come with a lot of growth..but I don't care.
We are headed for the Island in a bit over a month, August 6th to be exact. I can't wait to be on the island. NO electric, NO running water and ..ok..well..I do hate the outhouse..but still, all that greenery and wild blueberries. I look forward to it..wandering through the overgrowth..listening to the seagulls and looking for shells...AND lovely rocks to bring back. Vacation. You are right..little things just add to the unexpected adventure...which is what it is all about. :)
~smiles~
Mona

The cottage by the Cranelake said...

Hi Mona!
I can fully understand that You look forward to get to the island! I would too :-) It´s perfect to live without luxury like electric and running water during summer :-)
Jsut to be by the ocean is fantastic :-)
Have a great day now!
Christer.