Tuesday, June 15, 2010



I dropped my toothbrush in to the cat littre box this morning. That´s usually no good sign :-) :-) It´s still in there but I just can´t get myself to remove it. I think it´ll have to be there until I clean the box next time. My cats doesn´t use it now during summer anyway :-) :-)


It´s not the prettiest flower of them all, but it gives the tastiest berry instead. This is a raspberry flower.






The sun has shined all day but it´s been rather cold. Now You all think that this would make me happier since i wrote yesterday that my mood was low because we didn´t have any sunshine. Well, how wrong You are :-) :-) Now I could complain over the fact that I couldn´t be outside in the sunshine when it finally arrtived :-) :-) But it is over all a much better day today, moodvise that is. But I do long after my vacation now but I´ll have to wait until week 29 before my four weeks starts.






I´ve been trying to find seven new things to write about me since I got that award the other week. It´s amazing how difficult that is :-) I want them to be either fun or interesting, but so far I´ve come up with only four things. So You´ll have to give me a couple of more days for this task.






I realised that the forest flies has come to the forest now. These flies are absolutly harmless, but really, really, really annoying. Those I have indoors here in my cottage is nothing compared to these :-) :-) :-) As soon as any living thing goes out into the forest they turn up. No matter where You go there´s around a hundred flies flying around the head. Most of them are really curious and wants to take a clooser look into our nostrels and ears. Now and again they also tries to land on the head, really annoying but nothing worse. And they sort of makes me forget all mosquito´s we have out there too now :-) :-) :-) Now starts the time when I use earplugs when i go out into the forest :-) :-) This is how it is to live beside a hughe bog in a country very much north on this little planet of ours :-) :-)


Geum urbanum, Wood aven. I think this is a beautiful little wild flower but it spreads like crazy in my garden. If they become to many they are easy to remove though.


The bud on a Rhamonda myconi, a realtive to the African violette(Saint Paulia).


Now it´s time for a cup of tea and a journy out into cyberspace.
have a great day now!



My tomatoe plants may not grow, but these are the first flower buds on one of the plants :-)

The first ones on my tomatillo plants too :-)

18 comments:

Alen Trädgård said...

Blää! Är inte det typiskt? Av alla platser den kunde landat på måste det naturligtvis vara där:)) Ha det gott/Monne

The cottage by the Cranelake said...

Tjänare Monne!
Inte första gången det händer heller :-) :-) Problrmet är att mitt badrum är så litet att den enda platsen kattlådan kan stå på är under det skåpet. Jag får inte fumla på morgonen :-) :-) :-)
Ha det gott du med!
Christer.

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

Christer, that very first photo of the dog laying on the trail and all that green is just beautiful!! I like all of them..but that one should be framed and put on the wall. Honest!

I am glad you like the Bistro set on my front porch. It took bravery to paint it red...and sweet husband, I think, went into a bit of shock..but you have to remember that in this country, red was thought to be ..well..a bit too bold at one time. He likes it now though! :):)
I am off to catch up on all I have missed here..
take care now.
Mona

jaz@octoberfarm said...

hi christer...i emailed the recipe to you! have you grown tomatillas before? how are you going to use them? nice to see you have tomato blossoms too! back to my damn garage!!!

The cottage by the Cranelake said...

Hi Mona!
I liked that a bit more than trhe others too. But I have no printer able to print photograps so I´ll use it as a background on my lap top instead.

i can imagine that back in the days red would seem wrong :-) :-) But I think it looks great in that color!
Take care now!
Christer.

The cottage by the Cranelake said...

Hi Joyce!
Thanks! I´ll save it in my computor for the future!(and on paper, one never knows what happens with technology :-) :-) ).

Now, I have never grown tomatillos before, but I have grown relatives that are used for deserts Cape gooseberries (Physalis peruviana) and ground cherries (Physalis pruinosa). Tomatillos is said to demand much the same treatment.


I know they can be used in mexican food or like a tomatoe.

Have a great time in Your garage now!
Christer.

DianeLynn said...

LOL and sorry at the same time about your toothbrush...things like that has happened to me and glad to see that I have company. *smile*

Anonymous said...

I can't stop laughing . . .dropped your toothbrush in the cat litter. Well stop using the box yourself Christer. And don't brush your teeth when you do. You can't multi task those two jobs. Get yourself a toilet. Problem solved. I just can't stop laughing.

Sharlene T. said...

Toooo funny! I agree with Zoey, get yourself a toilet and solve the problem...heeheeheehee...tooo funny! The pix are great, as usual, and I'm really jealous for your macro lens. I bought one, but it doesn't fit on my digital camera... 8-(

The cottage by the Cranelake said...

Hi Diane!
:-)
Some mornings :-) :-) I´m glad I´m not the only one :-) :-)
Have a great day now!
Christer.

The cottage by the Cranelake said...

Hi Z&M!
Would be practical though, if I could use that boz too :-) :-) :-)

Perhaps it would be better not to brush my teeth sleepy mornings :-) :-)
Have a great day now!
Christer.

The cottage by the Cranelake said...

Hi Sharlene!
I think my bathroom could be shown all over the world as an example of compact living :-) :-) It´s really tiny :-)

I don´t have a special lens to my camera. It´s one of those small compact digital cameras You can buy anywhere. It has a macro funktion that works when it feels to :-) Sometimes I have to take several photo´s until I get a good one. I´ll try to remember to take a photo of my camera.

Have a great day now!
Christer.

Perovskia said...

Phew.. I've had some catching up to do.

Dropping your toothbrush in the kitty litter is never good :) I hope your day improved.

Flowers on the tomatoes are good! Give it time. I hope you'll have enough sun and heat for them. Between 4 and 11 is a very long day, so hopefully it'll help.

The cottage by the Cranelake said...

Hi Perovskia!
The day improved some anyway :-)

The problem is that our summers are so short compared to Yours. We live so much far north than You do. But I will get at least a couple of tomatoes :-)

Yes, the days are long now and they will continue to be even longer until midsummer. Then it turns and it turns to fast!
Have a great day now!
Christer.

jaz@octoberfarm said...

hi christer.....i grew tomatillos last year for the first time and i really got a lot of them. i roasted them on the grill and made really good salsa with them. the garage is almost done....woohoo!!!!

The cottage by the Cranelake said...

Hi Joyce!
Salsa! I just couldn´t remember that last time :-)

I can understand that woohoo :-) There were lots of thing in there :-)
Have a great day now!
Christer.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Christer, it seems like everyone s had fun laughing at the toothbrush in the kitty litter box, so I won't address that subject. We all do silly things when we are not yet awake in the mornings. Of course, some may seem a little funnier than others - enough said!

Enjoyed the photos and thanks for the information on your camera. It goes to show that you do not need a very expensive camera to take photos - just get out and DO it...think that Nike aready used that wording.

The cottage by the Cranelake said...

Hi Beatrice!

It´s not the first time i dropp my toothbrush :-) :-) Some mornings just don´t start as well as others :-) :-) :-)

I´ve taken a photo of my camera with my mobile, so if I remember it I´ll show it tonight.
Have a great day now!
Christer.